Like many others at Last.fm, I’ve left the warm, ball-filled embrace of Last.HQ in London and headed home to my family for the holidays.
Since arriving in my arctic homeland, I’ve been wondering if there was a way to shake up the old routine of tired holiday carols, marathon dinners, moose racing, and rambling uncles; a way to bring a bit of the ol’ Last.fm magic home. (Christmas tag radio notwithstanding.) And that’s when I hit upon THE ULTIMATE PLAN. Better yet, you can reproduce this party in the comfort of your own home!
What You’ll Need
- An internet connection
- A computer that can be plugged into a large set of speakers
- A house full of relatives (including but not limited to parents, sisters, second cousins, and loud uncles) who secretly want to party
What To Do
- Wait until dinner has ended and holiday drink consumption is in full effect
- Go to the room with the speakers and clear away any rugs, Christmas trees, babies, lebkuchen, or anything else which might impede dancing madness
- Load this page to queue up an hour and a half of the finest old-school rock and roll, direct from our recent party in London
- HIT PLAY AND TURN IT UP!
It can’t fail, especially if you have relatives that grew up in the 1950s. Happy holidays everyone…